This summer students at Binks have mandatory reading. We expect each child to read a minimum of two books. One of these books must be selected from the list according to your child’s incoming grade listed to the right.
*Summer Reading Lab: Computer lab will be open for 5 sessions from 9am-11am so students can come in and take Reading Counts quizzes during the summer.
The Thursday dates are: 6/14, 6/21, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26
*Reading 20-30 minutes a day helps prevent “summer slide” in reading abilities so encourage reading daily!
* Summer Reading Tracking is available on the back of this sheet! Record your reading for next year’s teachers to see!
- Palm Beach County School District website has important and useful information for summer learning. There will be a tile on your child’s student portal.
*Incoming 1st Graders:
- Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse
- Jessica all by Kevin Henkes
*Incoming 2nd Graders:
- The Absent Author by Ron Roy
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue by Kate DiCamilla
- Henry & Mudge: The First Book by Cynthia Rylant
*Incoming 3rd Graders
- The Terrible Two by Mac Burnett and Jory John
- El Deafo by Cece Bell
- Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
*Incoming 4th Graders
- Wish by Barbara O’Connor
- Home Sweet Motel by Chris Grabenstein
- Ugly Cat & Pablo by Isabel Quintero
*Incoming 5th graders:
- Overboard by Terry Lynn Johnson
- The Ark Plan by Laura Martin
- The Great Treehouse War by Lisa Graff
Website Sponsored by: