- To be a powerful voice for all children
- To be a relevant resource for families & communities
- To be a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school, community and place of worship
- To raise the standard of home-life
- To secure laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop, between educators and the general public, such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.